HSS Engineers Bhd (HEB) and ProPick Digital Solutions & Consulting Sdn Bhd have announced a joint venture (JV) to provide advanced artificial intelligence (AI)-empowered drone technology to the engineering sector. HEB’s subsidiary, HSS Technologies Sdn Bhd, will hold a 70% stake in the new company, called HSS-ProPick Technologies Sdn Bhd, with ProPick holding the remaining 30%.
As part of the agreement, ProPick will transfer all its intellectual property rights to the JV. This transfer will enable the quick implementation of AI-driven drone services within HEB’s operations and potential expansion across various industries in South-East Asia.
AI-enabled drones have the potential to greatly benefit the engineering sector. They can be used for a wide range of applications such as aerial inspections, surveying, mapping, and surveillance. By leveraging AI technology, these drones can analyze data collected during flights and provide valuable insights to engineers and researchers. This can help improve efficiency, accuracy, and safety in various engineering projects.
The partnership between HEB and ProPick aims to capitalize on the growing demand for AI drone technology in the engineering sector. It will provide HEB’s clients with access to cutting-edge drone solutions that can enhance their operations and decision-making processes.
This collaboration also opens up opportunities for the JV to expand its offerings to other industries in South-East Asia. The implementation of AI-driven drone services has the potential to revolutionize various sectors, including agriculture, construction, logistics, and more.
Overall, the HSS-ProPick joint venture signifies a significant step forward in the adoption of AI technology in the engineering sector in South-East Asia. It brings together the expertise of both companies to deliver innovative and transformative drone solutions to meet the evolving needs of the industry.
About HSS Engineers Berhad
HEB, through its subsidiaries (HEB Group or the Group) and associates, is principally involved in the provision of engineering and project management services including engineering design, construction supervision, project management, environmental services and building information modeling services. The Group has a total workforce of more than 850 staff, of which, more than half are engineers of various disciplines. With a combined experience of more than 80 years, the Group possesses longstanding experience in a wide array of sectors including urban infrastructure, transportation planning, roads and highways, railways and metro systems, water resources and supply, waste management, building and structures and power generation. As one of the leading and by far the largest listed engineering consultancy group in Malaysia, the Group is/has been involved in many notable large-scale projects including Iskandar Bus Rapid Transit, Northern Corridor Economic Region, MRT 1 & 2, Maju Expressway 2, West Coast Expressway, SUKE Expressway, Pahang – Selangor Raw Water Transfer, Development of Sungai Selangor Phase 1, 2 and 3, Sarawak Water Grid Study, Layang 2 and East Coast Rail Link. The Group now operates from 4 main offices, based in Kuala Lumpur (2 offices) and Penang in Malaysia as well as Chennai in India.